4 day weekend in Lyon
Come discover the French capital of Gastronomy at your own pace. Famous for its restaurants, its cuisine, but also as being the birthplace of cinema, enjoy a nice long weekend in one of the most charming cities in France.
Lyon is the second biggest city in France with more than 2000 years of history. You will be able to enjoy the historic city centre unique atmosphere and of course all the famous «Bouchon» traditional Lyon’s restaurant. Prepare you to discover a beautiful city full of charm.
The Basilica of Notre-Dame de Fourvière is a vital part of the Lyon cityscape and you’d be a fool not to go up there. Former Mayor, Gérard Collomb, even calls it a “treasure of humanity”. With one of the best views over the entire city, it understandably draws in busloads, who all load off to celebrate Mary and the paraphernalia of Christianity.
Then you have those who hike up there for a brisk morning walk to lord it over the panoramic view and feel regal.
Transfer from Airport (or Rail station) to hotel
Our driver will be waiting at the arrival lobby with a name board
Free time after arrival at the hotel (no meals provided)
The driver will wait for you maximum 1 hour after flight arrival time or Train arrival time
Hotel is available for check-in only after 15h00
Overnight stay in Lyon city centre at Mercure Lyon Centre Chateau Perrache or similar.
Day 2 & 3
Breakfast at the hotel
Full day self-guided tour: self arrangement
(no lunch, no dinner provided)
Important: All museum visits & entrances are not included. They are to be arranged directly by clients.
Recommended visits NOT INCLUDE:
- Vieux Lyon (old town)
- Place Bellecour
- Place des Jacobins
- Cathédrale de Lyon
- Théâtre des Célestins
- Place des Terreaux which house Musée des Beaux Arts & Hôtel de ville (the town hall)
- Colline de Fourvières (Fourvières hill) & Basilique Notre-Dame de Fourvières
- Les Halles de Lyon-Paul Bocuse (closed on mondays)
- Les Traboules de Lyon (hidden passages between streets inside buildings)
- Croix Rousse district stroll with visit to Maison des Canuts musée de la soie lyonnaise (silk museum) + short stop for a look at “murs des Canuts” (mural art paints)
Overnight stay in Lyon city center at Mercure Lyon Centre Chateau Perrache or similar.
Breakfast at the hotel
Pick up by a driver at hotel & Transfer from hotel to airport (or Rail station) for catching departure flight (or train) home
(Pick up time will be 3 hours before flight departure time. Or, 2 hours before train departure time).
● 3 nights accommodation in Lyon with Breakfast
● Transfers between Airport (or Railway station) and hotel on the 1st and last day
● Flight (or Train) tickets
● Travel insurance
● Personal expenses and extra fees at hotels and during visits
● City Taxes (to be paid to hotel on check-in/out)
● Any other services not mentioned
● All meals during stay except breakfast at the hotel
Please note that this tour will be subject to any social distancing measure taking place in this country and some modifications may apply to any activity per the requested period of travel. Please consult us for more information.